Thursday, April 30, 2015

On Weaning (with love)

So my baby boy F turned two yesterday. Since I have decided to wean him when F is two, weaning (with love) program is activated.
Why do i put the phrase 'with love' in brackets? It's because even though i wish i could do it the weaning-with-love way to wean F, i am willing to do the-sudden-weaning way, if i have to. You know, putting something red or bitter on your breast.
I really hoped I wouldn't have to do that. Weaning with love is still the goal. Thus, I have told F since a month ago that he could only nurse for a month. I told him when he blows a candle and is two years old, he is a big boy and big boy does not breastfeed anymore. F then complained, whined, and  cried. He did the same when I tried to wean him during the day. So, he still nursed actively till yesterday.

Naturally, I am worried if i really have to do sudden weaning. So last night, I lit two (regular) candles and ask him to blow it. He did, with big help from his dad. I was so anxious when it was time for bed. But alhamdulillah....., when he asked to nurse, I just reminded him that he is two, has blown the candles, and is a big boy.  I am a PROUD mama. Baby,... i love you so much.

Until  today, he understands when I refuse to nurse him. I hope this weaning with love thing is really succesfull. Aaamiin...

Note:
My heart broke a little when
  1. he asked for a hug before he managed to fell asleep. (Rubbing his body to get him to sleep took forever without breast-feeding)
  2. he was restless in his sleep. he rolled around and almost rolled to the floor. Thank god I somehow woke up and catched him in time.
  3. I refused his asking to nurse at 3.30 am and F asked for milk instead. I totally wanted to cry. I ended up nursing him (partially because my breasts were hard and hurting).

0 comments:

Post a Comment