Tuesday, May 05, 2009

If Only

Doing my assignment, I came to reading the historical 'battle' of Newton and Leibniz.

Several thoughts came into my mind.
1. If only Newton did not stupidly refuse to meet Leibniz, what will we learn in our calculus? Newton should meet people from Open Source community. :D He had his reason but well, knowledge should be free (free in terms in Open Source).

2. The England society was kind of cruel to Leibniz by worshipping Newton. Literaly worshipping him, I guess, as of refusing knowledge from outside England. I believe Leibniz was free of plagiarism of Newton's work and I think two great minds working on the same subject can lead to the same discovery. I am particularly sad to know how Leibniz's life ended. Again, how ironic it is compared to Newton's.

3. This thing reminds me of Piaget and Vygotsky. If only they met. Hmm..., it's amazing now that we take internet for granted.

4. Open source against Microsoft? He he... Not exactly relevant. But the thought does cross my mind. :)

Summing up, these all are just some flashing thought of mine.
We can't change history. Even if we can, changing it will not necessarily lead to a better 'now'.
I wonder though....

0 comments:

Post a Comment